- What is New Product Blueprinting?
- How is Blueprinting learned and applied?
- How does Blueprinting fit with a stage-and-gate process?
- How does Blueprinting fit with strategic planning?
- How does Blueprinting fit with Design Thinking?
- How does Blueprinting fit with Lean Startup?
- How does Blueprinting fit with Minesweeper de-risking?
- How does Blueprinting fit with LaunchStar product launch?
- What innovation metrics should we use?
Market Segmentation (Step 1)
Discovery Interviews (Step 2)
- How to plan Discovery interviews
- Preparing your interview team
- Convincing customers to be interviewed
- How to handle confidential info in an interview
- How to conduct a Discovery interview
- Finding & using a digital projector for interviews
- How to conduct a customer tour
- How to debrief & follow-up a Discovery interview
- Engaging your sales colleagues in interviews
- Engaging distributors in interviews
- Interviewing customers down the value chain
- How to interview remotely with web-conferences
- How to interview at trade shows & other venues
- Interviewing in different global cultures & languages
- How to listen well during customer interviews
- How to probe during customer interviews
- How to gather economic data during interviews
- How to create & use Current State questions
- How to identify Must Haves (MH)
- How to select Top Picks (TP)
- How to use Trigger Maps
- How to form Outcome Statements
Preference Interviews (Step 3)
Rest of Blueprinting (Steps 4-7)
BLUEPRINTER® SOFTWARE UPDATE: October 7, 2019
Multiple small updates and fixes, highlighted by a notification letting you know if other users are on the same screen.
1. Same screen notification: Users will see which other team members are on the same screen. They will also see a highlight, in the particular cells that other team members are working within.
2. Tool 1.1 design change: The noteboards will change in appearance to be more consistent with the rest of the design for Step 1.
3. Bad internet warning: When working with spotty internet, Blueprinter software doesn't perform well due to cycling between "offline" and "online" modes. When this happens, it's best for a user to just go "offline." A warning has been created to alert the user to a bad or spotty internet condition.
4. Multiple Log-in Eliminated: Previously, if a user logged into to Blueprinter software multiple times, they could accidentally overwrite their own work. This situation has been eliminated.