Blueprinting Center & Methodology
- What is New Product Blueprinting?
- How is Blueprinting learned and applied?
- Blueprinting Center
- Blueprinting E-Learning Course
- How can I become Certified in New Product Blueprinting?
- How does Blueprinting fit with a stage-and-gate process?
- How does Blueprinting fit with strategic planning?
- How does Blueprinting fit with Design Thinking?
- How does Blueprinting fit with Lean Startup?
- How does Blueprinting fit with Minesweeper de-risking?
- How does Blueprinting fit with LaunchStar product launch?
- What innovation metrics should we use?
- What is "Jobs-to-be-Done?"
Market Segmentation (Step 1)
Discovery Interviews (Step 2)
- How to plan Discovery interviews
- Preparing your interview team
- Convincing customers to be interviewed
- How to handle confidential info in an interview
- How to conduct a Discovery interview
- Finding & using a digital projector for interviews
- How to conduct a customer tour
- How to debrief & follow-up a Discovery interview
- Engaging your sales colleagues in interviews
- Engaging distributors in interviews
- Interviewing customers down the value chain
- How to interview remotely with web-conferences
- How to interview at trade shows & other venues
- Interviewing in different global cultures & languages
- How to listen well during customer interviews
- How to probe during customer interviews
- How to gather economic data during interviews
- How to create & use Current State questions
- How to identify Must Haves (MH)
- How to select Top Picks (TP)
- How to use Trigger Maps
- How to form Outcome Statements
Preference Interviews (Step 3)
Rest of Blueprinting (Steps 4-7)
How can I change the weighting of customer data in Preference Interviews?
You can change the weighting of customer data by using the "Market View" feature.
To create a uniquely weighted Market Case, you need a unique Market View. Begin by going to Tool 3.6 within Step 3:
Create a new Market View:
Let's suppose that Alibaba is by far our biggest customer, representing 50% of the market segment. So, we want to weight their data at 50%. Enter "50" in the "Weight % Override":
Now, just rename this Market View accordingly, and you're finished: