Blueprinting Center & Methodology
- Blueprinting Center
- What is New Product Blueprinting?
- How is Blueprinting learned and applied?
- How does Blueprinting fit with a stage-and-gate process?
- How does Blueprinting fit with strategic planning?
- How does Blueprinting fit with Design Thinking?
- How does Blueprinting fit with Lean Startup?
- How does Blueprinting fit with Minesweeper de-risking?
- How does Blueprinting fit with LaunchStar product launch?
- What innovation metrics should we use?
- What is "Jobs-to-be-Done?"
Market Segmentation (Step 1)
Discovery Interviews (Step 2)
- How to plan Discovery interviews
- Preparing your interview team
- Convincing customers to be interviewed
- How to handle confidential info in an interview
- How to conduct a Discovery interview
- Finding & using a digital projector for interviews
- How to conduct a customer tour
- How to debrief & follow-up a Discovery interview
- Engaging your sales colleagues in interviews
- Engaging distributors in interviews
- Interviewing customers down the value chain
- How to interview remotely with web-conferences
- How to interview at trade shows & other venues
- Interviewing in different global cultures & languages
- How to listen well during customer interviews
- How to probe during customer interviews
- How to gather economic data during interviews
- How to create & use Current State questions
- How to identify Must Haves (MH)
- How to select Top Picks (TP)
- How to use Trigger Maps
- How to form Outcome Statements
Preference Interviews (Step 3)
Rest of Blueprinting (Steps 4-7)
Which browser should I use for Blueprinter® software?
Blueprinter works best with current Chrome and MS Edge browsers.
You should only use Chrome or MS Edge as your browser when using Blueprinter software. While it will likely work fine with others, such as Safari or Firefox, it is only tested within Chrome and MS Edge. And therefore, should only be used with one of those three, in particular when executing customer interviews.
Of the two options, we recommend Chrome as the first option. This is because Chrome automatically updates; and therefore, this will minimize the likelihood of errors.
If you have a PC, you already likely have MS Edge. Click here to add Chrome as an additional browser.
Note: Prior to May 1, 2021, Internet Explorer was also an approved browser. However, when Microsoft announced that they were phasing out IE in August 2021, it was removed from the approved set of Blueprinter browsers. This was to give users an ample amount of time to transition away from IE. Practically speaking, IE should continue to work well for any Blueprinter software updates that were released prior to May 1, 2021.