Blueprinting Center & Methodology
- Blueprinting Center
- What is New Product Blueprinting?
- How is Blueprinting learned and applied?
- How does Blueprinting fit with a stage-and-gate process?
- How does Blueprinting fit with strategic planning?
- How does Blueprinting fit with Design Thinking?
- How does Blueprinting fit with Lean Startup?
- How does Blueprinting fit with Minesweeper de-risking?
- How does Blueprinting fit with LaunchStar product launch?
- What innovation metrics should we use?
- What is "Jobs-to-be-Done?"
Market Segmentation (Step 1)
Discovery Interviews (Step 2)
- How to plan Discovery interviews
- Preparing your interview team
- Convincing customers to be interviewed
- How to handle confidential info in an interview
- How to conduct a Discovery interview
- Finding & using a digital projector for interviews
- How to conduct a customer tour
- How to debrief & follow-up a Discovery interview
- Engaging your sales colleagues in interviews
- Engaging distributors in interviews
- Interviewing customers down the value chain
- How to interview remotely with web-conferences
- How to interview at trade shows & other venues
- Interviewing in different global cultures & languages
- How to listen well during customer interviews
- How to probe during customer interviews
- How to gather economic data during interviews
- How to create & use Current State questions
- How to identify Must Haves (MH)
- How to select Top Picks (TP)
- How to use Trigger Maps
- How to form Outcome Statements
Preference Interviews (Step 3)
Rest of Blueprinting (Steps 4-7)
BLUEPRINTER® SOFTWARE UPDATE: May 13, 2021
Increase project name length, add market case goal date to 3.7, increase outcomes map characters, and add more charts within the Market Case
A collection of the following small updates will improve the experience of Blueprinter Software:
- The acceptable project name length has been increased from 25 to 30 characters
- Within Tool 3.7, users will see the Market Case completion goal date in the top box
- Within the Outcomes Map, more characters can now be seen without the need to scroll
- Within the Market Case itself, more charts have been added from Tool 3.6
- New rules for automatically classifying an Interview as "Finished". When at least three sticky notes are filled out, the date will be auto-filled, and the interview will be classified as "Finished". This will avoid errors in the Executive Dashboard. Also, a user can override this selection if desired.