Blueprinting Center & Methodology
- What is New Product Blueprinting?
- How is Blueprinting learned and applied?
- Blueprinting Center
- Blueprinting E-Learning Course
- How can I become Certified in New Product Blueprinting?
- How does Blueprinting fit with a stage-and-gate process?
- How does Blueprinting fit with strategic planning?
- How does Blueprinting fit with Design Thinking?
- How does Blueprinting fit with Lean Startup?
- How does Blueprinting fit with Minesweeper de-risking?
- How does Blueprinting fit with LaunchStar product launch?
- What innovation metrics should we use?
- What is "Jobs-to-be-Done?"
Market Segmentation (Step 1)
Discovery Interviews (Step 2)
- How to plan Discovery interviews
- Preparing your interview team
- Convincing customers to be interviewed
- How to handle confidential info in an interview
- How to conduct a Discovery interview
- Finding & using a digital projector for interviews
- How to conduct a customer tour
- How to debrief & follow-up a Discovery interview
- Engaging your sales colleagues in interviews
- Engaging distributors in interviews
- Interviewing customers down the value chain
- How to interview remotely with web-conferences
- How to interview at trade shows & other venues
- Interviewing in different global cultures & languages
- How to listen well during customer interviews
- How to probe during customer interviews
- How to gather economic data during interviews
- How to create & use Current State questions
- How to identify Must Haves (MH)
- How to select Top Picks (TP)
- How to use Trigger Maps
- How to form Outcome Statements
Preference Interviews (Step 3)
Rest of Blueprinting (Steps 4-7)
How do I add more than four interviewers to the interviewing team?
There's a quick way to add more than four interviewers to the team if needed for certification credit.
A moderator, notetaker, and two observers can be added to the interview team using the "Prep Sheet." But what if we have an additional observer? Most are interested in this to get credit for Blueprinter Certification.
In general, it's not a great idea to have more than three, let alone four, members of the interview team, as it can make the customers/respondents feel more self-conscious. However, if absolutely required for certain situations, it's fairly easy to add a fifth person or more.
Before starting, ensure that everyone you want to add is first on the project. Click here for those instructions.
Here's how to add an additional observer to your interview team:
1. Go to the Prep Sheet, and make sure that you've added four folks to the team.
2. Navigate to 2.5, and open the Discovery Interview by selecting the customer/respondent name.
3. On the Discovery Noteboard, select your company's name, then select the "+" symbol.
4. Add your new team member.
Success! Again, it's not recommended to add more than three members to the interviewing team. However, the instructions above will allow you to do so within the software for situations where warranted.