Blueprinting Center & Methodology
- What is New Product Blueprinting?
- How is Blueprinting learned and applied?
- Blueprinting Center
- Blueprinting E-Learning Course
- How can I become Certified in New Product Blueprinting?
- How does Blueprinting fit with a stage-and-gate process?
- How does Blueprinting fit with strategic planning?
- How does Blueprinting fit with Design Thinking?
- How does Blueprinting fit with Lean Startup?
- How does Blueprinting fit with Minesweeper de-risking?
- How does Blueprinting fit with LaunchStar product launch?
- What innovation metrics should we use?
- What is "Jobs-to-be-Done?"
Market Segmentation (Step 1)
Discovery Interviews (Step 2)
- How to plan Discovery interviews
- Preparing your interview team
- Convincing customers to be interviewed
- How to handle confidential info in an interview
- How to conduct a Discovery interview
- Finding & using a digital projector for interviews
- How to conduct a customer tour
- How to debrief & follow-up a Discovery interview
- Engaging your sales colleagues in interviews
- Engaging distributors in interviews
- Interviewing customers down the value chain
- How to interview remotely with web-conferences
- How to interview at trade shows & other venues
- Interviewing in different global cultures & languages
- How to listen well during customer interviews
- How to probe during customer interviews
- How to gather economic data during interviews
- How to create & use Current State questions
- How to identify Must Haves (MH)
- How to select Top Picks (TP)
- How to use Trigger Maps
- How to form Outcome Statements
Preference Interviews (Step 3)
Rest of Blueprinting (Steps 4-7)
7. How do I set up my practice project for my Virtual Kick-off Blueprinting Workshop?
Prepare for your Virtual Kick-off Blueprinting workshop by creating a project in Blueprinter software.
Set up my practice project within Blueprinter® software
1. Go to the Blueprinting Center at www.blueprintingcenter.com.
2. Once at the Blueprinter My Projects page, select New Project.
3. You'll now be at the Project Settings page.
- Enter Project Name ('Practice' plus your initials and date)
- Select yourself as Team Leader (Start typing your name to find yourself)
- Under "Search Visibility," select Practice Project
- Select "Next, Set Up Project Team"
Scroll to the bottom and select "Done. Create Project."
4. You are now at the home page for your Practice Project.
- Select the orange tab "2 Discovery Interview"
5. Let's use Tool 2.1 to create interview candidates.
- Select 2.1 Plan Interview Candidates
- Enter two customers under "Company." The first is "Web conference customer" and the second is "Taxi customer."
- Select the Blue Box "Prep Sheet" alongside "Web conference customer"
6. This is the Prep Sheet for your first interview candidate. Enter a Project Topic as "Using Web conferences."
7. Close this window with either the arrow to the left, or the "X" in the right.
8. Select the Prep Sheet for "Taxi customer."
9. Enter the Project Topic "Using Taxi services" and close the Prep Sheet as you did before.
10. Let's test it! Select Tool 2.5.
11. Select the link within either "Web conference customer" or "Taxi customer."
12. Success! You're ready to conduct a VOC interview for the Blueprinting course!