Blueprinting Center & Methodology
- What is New Product Blueprinting?
- How is Blueprinting learned and applied?
- Blueprinting Center
- Blueprinting E-Learning Course
- How can I become Certified in New Product Blueprinting?
- How does Blueprinting fit with a stage-and-gate process?
- How does Blueprinting fit with strategic planning?
- How does Blueprinting fit with Design Thinking?
- How does Blueprinting fit with Lean Startup?
- How does Blueprinting fit with Minesweeper de-risking?
- How does Blueprinting fit with LaunchStar product launch?
- What innovation metrics should we use?
- What is "Jobs-to-be-Done?"
Market Segmentation (Step 1)
Discovery Interviews (Step 2)
- How to plan Discovery interviews
- Preparing your interview team
- Convincing customers to be interviewed
- How to handle confidential info in an interview
- How to conduct a Discovery interview
- Finding & using a digital projector for interviews
- How to conduct a customer tour
- How to debrief & follow-up a Discovery interview
- Engaging your sales colleagues in interviews
- Engaging distributors in interviews
- Interviewing customers down the value chain
- How to interview remotely with web-conferences
- How to interview at trade shows & other venues
- Interviewing in different global cultures & languages
- How to listen well during customer interviews
- How to probe during customer interviews
- How to gather economic data during interviews
- How to create & use Current State questions
- How to identify Must Haves (MH)
- How to select Top Picks (TP)
- How to use Trigger Maps
- How to form Outcome Statements
Preference Interviews (Step 3)
Rest of Blueprinting (Steps 4-7)
Can I transfer a Blueprinter® software subscription to another employee?
Blueprinter subscriptions can only be transferred within 90 days of the initial training.
Blueprinter software subscriptions can only be transferred within 90 days of the initial training.
Why is this?
New Product Blueprinting is a complete system of training, tools, support, and of course - Blueprinter software. A practitioner will need adequate training in order to be successful and use the software. If subscriptions are transferred to non-trained folks, they will struggle.
For example, without training, there's no context to understand the data analysis within Step 3. Further, a practitioner will not be able to properly interview a customer in Step 2 - or understand some of the more skill-intensive aspects, such as crafting outcome statements.
Additionally, the benefits of a new practitioner are "front-loaded." For example, they gain lifetime access to the Blueprinting Center and the associated resources. And of course, AIM does incur additional costs to both add new folks as well as support the growing population of users.
Why are any transfers allowed at all?
An exception is made to address some unusual situations as a company is getting started with Blueprinting. For example, when putting a group of practitioners, a company may make an error in the selection of folks. Or, a new person may join the company immediately after the training.
Transfers can be managed during this time because the company is still receiving coaching following the training. As part of the coaching process, new folks can be brought up to speed successfully.
The good news!
The great news is that virtual training sessions occur every few weeks. Therefore, it's easy to bring a new practitioner on-line. For new colleagues who wish to become experts in B2B innovation, including access to Blueprinter software, you can find the next session here.