- What is New Product Blueprinting?
- How is Blueprinting learned and applied?
- How does Blueprinting fit with a stage-and-gate process?
- How does Blueprinting fit with strategic planning?
- How does Blueprinting fit with Design Thinking?
- How does Blueprinting fit with Lean Startup?
- How does Blueprinting fit with Minesweeper de-risking?
- How does Blueprinting fit with LaunchStar product launch?
- What innovation metrics should we use?
- What is "Jobs-to-be-Done?"
Market Segmentation (Step 1)
Discovery Interviews (Step 2)
- How to plan Discovery interviews
- Preparing your interview team
- Convincing customers to be interviewed
- How to handle confidential info in an interview
- How to conduct a Discovery interview
- Finding & using a digital projector for interviews
- How to conduct a customer tour
- How to debrief & follow-up a Discovery interview
- Engaging your sales colleagues in interviews
- Engaging distributors in interviews
- Interviewing customers down the value chain
- How to interview remotely with web-conferences
- How to interview at trade shows & other venues
- Interviewing in different global cultures & languages
- How to listen well during customer interviews
- How to probe during customer interviews
- How to gather economic data during interviews
- How to create & use Current State questions
- How to identify Must Haves (MH)
- How to select Top Picks (TP)
- How to use Trigger Maps
- How to form Outcome Statements
Preference Interviews (Step 3)
Rest of Blueprinting (Steps 4-7)
Where do I find the Excel version of Blueprinter® software?
The Excel tool to execute Blueprinting Steps 4-7 are launched from within Blueprinter software.
Prior to 2014, Blueprinter software was built within Microsoft's Excel platform. This Excel version is sometimes referred to as "Blueprinter 4.0."
Today, all of the voice-of-the-customer tools for qualitative Discovery Interviews and quantitative Preference Interviews are all within the cloud version. The cloud version is also known as Blueprinter® 5.0 software.
However, Steps 4-7 are still executed within Excel, though it is integrated within cloud-based Blueprinter 5.0 software.
When would I use Steps 4-7?
First, complete the Market Case (including all the voice-of-the-customer) and analysis within Steps 1-3. At the end of the Market Case, within tool 3.7, there's a button to launch "Blueprinter-Business Case." This contains all the tools for Steps 4-7.
How do I Launch Blueprinter-Business Case?
First, go to Tool 3.7, "Create Market Case." Fill out each section, from Section 1 "Project Scope" to Section 6 "Value Proposition."
When in Section 6, "Value Proposition," make sure that you select the Market View that you want. (Prior to this, you will want to analyze your data in Tool 3.6 "Analyze Preference Data" to determine which Market View to use)
Finally, select "Done":
From there, you can launch "Blueprinter-Business" case to execute Steps 4-7:
#Excel-based Blueprinter, #Business Case, #Blueprinter 4.0, #Excel Blueprinter