Blueprinting Center & Methodology
- What is New Product Blueprinting?
- How is Blueprinting learned and applied?
- Blueprinting Center
- Blueprinting E-Learning Course
- How can I become Certified in New Product Blueprinting?
- How does Blueprinting fit with a stage-and-gate process?
- How does Blueprinting fit with strategic planning?
- How does Blueprinting fit with Design Thinking?
- How does Blueprinting fit with Lean Startup?
- How does Blueprinting fit with Minesweeper de-risking?
- How does Blueprinting fit with LaunchStar product launch?
- What innovation metrics should we use?
- What is "Jobs-to-be-Done?"
Market Segmentation (Step 1)
Discovery Interviews (Step 2)
- How to plan Discovery interviews
- Preparing your interview team
- Convincing customers to be interviewed
- How to handle confidential info in an interview
- How to conduct a Discovery interview
- Finding & using a digital projector for interviews
- How to conduct a customer tour
- How to debrief & follow-up a Discovery interview
- Engaging your sales colleagues in interviews
- Engaging distributors in interviews
- Interviewing customers down the value chain
- How to interview remotely with web-conferences
- How to interview at trade shows & other venues
- Interviewing in different global cultures & languages
- How to listen well during customer interviews
- How to probe during customer interviews
- How to gather economic data during interviews
- How to create & use Current State questions
- How to identify Must Haves (MH)
- How to select Top Picks (TP)
- How to use Trigger Maps
- How to form Outcome Statements
Preference Interviews (Step 3)
Rest of Blueprinting (Steps 4-7)
How do I import a Discovery Interview from another project?
You can use the "Search" feature to import a Discovery Interview from another project.
Here are the steps to use "Search" to import a Discovery Interview from another project:
1. Open the destination project. That is, the project that you want to import the Discovery Interview notes into. Click the "menu" icon. (Three horizontal bars in the upper left corner).
2. Select "Search Interview Notes" from the menu bar.
3. Select the expander icon to the right of "Show me..."
4. You will now see that you have additional search options. You're now going to find the source project (that contains the desired Discovery Interview).
5. Select the source project.
6. Select the desired Discovery Interview.
7. Select the check box as shown to select all the sticky notes from the interview. Otherwise, you can scroll down and just select the individual notes that are desired.
8. Select the Import arrow.
9. You'll see a list of all the Discovery Interviews within the destination project.
10. To import into a new, Discovery Noteboard, scroll down and select " - NEW - ":
11. You can name the new Discovery Interview anything you want here:
12. The Discovery Interview will now show up in your destination project.
13. When looking at the notes, they will come in as "cloaked", as indicated with a grey color. This is to prohibit these same notes from coming up in future search results. You can alter this by changing the sticky note color to yellow, green, or blue.