- What is New Product Blueprinting?
- How is Blueprinting learned and applied?
- How does Blueprinting fit with a stage-and-gate process?
- How does Blueprinting fit with strategic planning?
- How does Blueprinting fit with Design Thinking?
- How does Blueprinting fit with Lean Startup?
- How does Blueprinting fit with Minesweeper de-risking?
- How does Blueprinting fit with LaunchStar product launch?
- What innovation metrics should we use?
Market Segmentation (Step 1)
Discovery Interviews (Step 2)
- How to plan Discovery interviews
- Preparing your interview team
- Convincing customers to be interviewed
- How to handle confidential info in an interview
- How to conduct a Discovery interview
- Finding & using a digital projector for interviews
- How to conduct a customer tour
- How to debrief & follow-up a Discovery interview
- Engaging your sales colleagues in interviews
- Engaging distributors in interviews
- Interviewing customers down the value chain
- How to interview remotely with web-conferences
- How to interview at trade shows & other venues
- Interviewing in different global cultures & languages
- How to listen well during customer interviews
- How to probe during customer interviews
- How to gather economic data during interviews
- How to create & use Current State questions
- How to identify Must Haves (MH)
- How to select Top Picks (TP)
- How to use Trigger Maps
- How to form Outcome Statements
Preference Interviews (Step 3)
Rest of Blueprinting (Steps 4-7)
BLUEPRINTER® SOFTWARE UPDATE: December 4, 2019
Users will get an additional warning before unlocking Tool 3.2. Also, users can now change the base language within the Preference Noteboard.
1. In Tool 3.2, a team determines which outcomes to prioritize with customers within Preference Interviews. To prevent the accidental deleting of customer data, two mechanisms were previously in place. First, there's a "lock" mechanism, in which a user locks a data when finished with this tool.
Second, when a user unlocks the tool, they were given a warning. However, some users were still ignoring the warnings and were therefore, creating data problems within their project.
To prohibit the accidental deleting of customer data, an additional warning is given to users is provided if they unlock Tool 3.2 when customer data is also within Tool 3.4. The second warning will be even more explicit about the downstream consequences of unlocking and changing the previously selected outcomes.
2. For Preference Interviews, users will now be able to change the language from English to one of eight additional languages. These are: Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, and Spanish.