Blueprinting Center & Methodology
- What is New Product Blueprinting?
- How is Blueprinting learned and applied?
- Blueprinting Center
- Blueprinting E-Learning Course
- How can I become Certified in New Product Blueprinting?
- How does Blueprinting fit with a stage-and-gate process?
- How does Blueprinting fit with strategic planning?
- How does Blueprinting fit with Design Thinking?
- How does Blueprinting fit with Lean Startup?
- How does Blueprinting fit with Minesweeper de-risking?
- How does Blueprinting fit with LaunchStar product launch?
- What innovation metrics should we use?
- What is "Jobs-to-be-Done?"
Market Segmentation (Step 1)
Discovery Interviews (Step 2)
- How to plan Discovery interviews
- Preparing your interview team
- Convincing customers to be interviewed
- How to handle confidential info in an interview
- How to conduct a Discovery interview
- Finding & using a digital projector for interviews
- How to conduct a customer tour
- How to debrief & follow-up a Discovery interview
- Engaging your sales colleagues in interviews
- Engaging distributors in interviews
- Interviewing customers down the value chain
- How to interview remotely with web-conferences
- How to interview at trade shows & other venues
- Interviewing in different global cultures & languages
- How to listen well during customer interviews
- How to probe during customer interviews
- How to gather economic data during interviews
- How to create & use Current State questions
- How to identify Must Haves (MH)
- How to select Top Picks (TP)
- How to use Trigger Maps
- How to form Outcome Statements
Preference Interviews (Step 3)
Rest of Blueprinting (Steps 4-7)
How to Execute Step 5 in Blueprinter® software
Instructions on how to use Step 5 within Blueprinter® software.
What's the purpose of Step 5?
Step 5 aims to create target values for new products to better meet customer needs than current and competitive options.For more on Step 5:
- Guidelines for setting new product objectives
- Creating a new product design
- Creating a multi-generational roadmap
How to execute Step 5:
1. Review Preference Data in Tool 5.1
2. Review Competitive Test data in Tool 5.2
3. Create New Product Design in Tool 5.3
Add target performance values for the new product. The software will calculate estimated new SAT scores. Add estimated new SAT scores for the new product.
4. Review the list of Must-Haves in Tool 5.4
5. Create a Multi-Generational Roadmap in Tool 5.5
Similar to Tool 5.3, add target performance values and estimated SAT scores for multiple generations of new products.